Where are you struggling with your confidence? Everyone faces a challenge or obstacle in their career, and it’s only fair that our confidence is impacted by it.
But other factors impact your decisions about whatever is next for your career, such as the “Golden Handcuffs.” Today’s guest has dealt with them and is here to talk about her favorite tips to help you make your next career decision.
Meet Kelli Thompson, the author of the new book, “Closing the Confidence Gap: Boost Your Peace, Your Potential, & Your Paycheck,” available now.
In today’s episode, you’ll learn:
· What happens when high performers face difficulty at work
· What leadership mindset shifts will help you step into your excellence
· Kelli’s “Do LESS” Framework
· Why clarity beats hustle every time
· And what to do when you have the “Golden Handcuffs.”
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:06
· Meet Kelli Thompson (5:00)
· Our Shared Love of Meteorology (5:45)
· Pain Points for Mid-Career Professionals (9:40)
· Dealing with a Career Crisis (11:20)
· When High Performers Face Difficulty at Work (12:55)
· Leadership Mindset Shifts (15:45)
· “Do LESS” Framework (17:20)
· Clarity Beats Hustle (19:15)
· Tips for Saying “No” (24:20)
· Dealing with the Golden Handcuffs (27:30)
· Kelli’s Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (34:45)
· Connect with Kelli Thompson (35:45)
List of Resources:
· 26 Sentence Starter to Answer Any Interview Question by John Neral
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoachin
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com for more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.