Many mid-career professionals chase after “work-life balance” only to find themselves disappointed and frustrated they can’t achieve it. Well, what if it doesn’t exist.
Maryann Lombardi is a business coach who helps women and nonbinary does take bold action to build a profitable business that aligns with the life they want to live. She has spent the past 25 years working with cities, organizations, and entrepreneurs, building policies, programs and resources to grow the creative workforce and help entrepreneurs thrive.
In this episode, John and Maryanne get on the mic to talk about:
· Why all mid-career professionals must lean into their agency (choice)
· Why setting boundaries is essential to your career success
· Why work-life balance is a myth
· The difference between choice and obligation
· And why taking care of yourself needs to stop being an after-thought.
Connect with Maryann Lombardi: Website | LinkedIn | Instagram
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· · Introduction (0:00)
· Meet Maryann Lombardi (4:30)
· Desire to Be Free (5:20)
· Defining Your Agency (7:35)
· Boundary – No Phones in the Bathroom (9:45)
· Creating Boundaries in Your Career (13:00)
· Why Work-Life Balance Is a Myth (16:00)
· Choice vs. Obligation (21:20)
· Taking Care of Yourself as an After-Thought (24:30)
· Finding Your Purpose (27:05)
· How We Take Action (29:30)
· Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (33:15)
· Connect with Maryann Lombardi (34:45)
List of Resources:
· 26 Sentence Starter to Answer Any Interview Question by John Neral
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
· SHOW UP - Six Strategies to Lead a More Energetic and Impactful Career by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple PodcastsSupport the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.