Cait Donovan’s favorite emotion is resentment. Her resentment fuels every decision she makes to help keep her life and career balanced while it's continuously changing.
Many mid-career professionals experience burnout, especially those in the “sandwich generation” who are raising their families while taking care of their aging parents.
In this episode, Cait and John sit down to talk about the differences between stress and burnout, why burnout is caused by self-neglect, how boundaries make you more generous, and Cait shares some tips to help you deal with burnout so you can take better care of yourself.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
Need to Update Time Stamps
· Introduction (0:05)
· Meet Cait Donovan (4:27)
· What is Burnout? (9:47)
· Why Cait Does Burnout Work (11:27)
· Burnout & Self-Neglect (13:17)
· Bouncebackability and Your Health (18:29)
· Difference Between Stress & Burnout (21:42)
· The Power of Life Pruning (24:37)
· Boundaries Make You More Generous (27:12)
· Tips for Dealing with Burnout (30:37)
· Look for the Resentment (34:37)
· Cait’s Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (39:12)
· Connect with Cait (40:40)
List of Resources:
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources, including a job search tracker and reflection questions, at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you enjSupport the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.