Everyone wants to find their career sweet spot. This happens after much experience, reflection, and conversations to find the best fit for you professionally. Many mid-career professionals wonder how to strategically position themselves in the marketplace so they can find that job they love.
Today, you will meet Becca Carnahan. Becca Carnahan is a career coach, author, and mom of two. As a career coach and CEO of Next Chapter Careers, Becca specializes in helping mid-career parents land fulfilling jobs they love without giving up the flexibility they need. Before launching her coaching business, Becca trained as a career coach at Harvard Business School and has 14 years of experience in the career and professional development field. She also previously worked for the Boston Celtics and has published two bestselling children’s books and a career development book, When Mommy Grows Up.
In this episode, you will learn the benefits of a bridge role in your career and how that bridge role can help you get clear about what you want to do. Plus, Becca and I will talk about how to address a gap on your resume and help you uncover your career sweet spot.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:06)
· Meet Becca Carnahan (4:35)
· Working for the Boston Celtics (7:15)
· Benefits of a Bridge Role (11:25)
· Uncovering Your Career Sweet Spot (16:47)
· Pain Points for Mid-Career Parents (19:05)
· Address a Gap on Your Resume (25:05)
· What Do You Really Want for Your Next Job? (27:00)
· Becca’s Goal (28:44)
· Becca’s Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (30:55)
· Connect with Becca Carnahan (32:05)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com for more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.