Your work is excellent, but it may not be enough to help you get your next promotion or be recognized by your boss. Advocating for yourself and your career trajectory is essential for mid-career professionals.
Liz St. Jean helps sensitive professionals enhance their leadership skills and feel confident to set themselves on the path to Director level positions – and thrive in the position when they get there.
In this episode, Liz and John discuss various career triggers for high performers and share how to deal with a missed professional opportunity. Plus, they’ll talk about what it means to be over-mentored and under-advocated, how to address imposter messages and how you can be a better self-advocate.
Listen to the end to claim your free ticket to the Self-Advocacy Made Easy Summit on October 10-12, 2022.
Click here to get your free ticket to the Self-Advocacy Made Easy Summit.
Click here to see all the speakers at the Self-Advocacy Made Easy Summit.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:06)
· Meet Liz St. Jean (5:17)
· Career Triggers for High Performers (7:17)
· Dealing with a Missed Opportunity (11:47)
· Being Over-Mentored and Under-Advocated (15:47)
· Being a Better Self-Advocate (18:17)
· Imposter Messages (23:47)
· Liz’s Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (28:47)
· Join the Self-Advocacy Made Easy Summit (30:37)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources, including a job search tracker and reflection questions, at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career pathsSupport the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition. And other free resources at https://johnneral.com/resources.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Follow John on Instagram & Threads @johnneralcoaching.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.