Many active job seekers agonize, and I do mean agonize, over their resumes. They wonder if it’s good enough. They question why it isn’t getting more traction or visibility. You may have sent out dozens of resumes only to hear from a handful of potential employers who’ve told you they want to invite you to an interview or you aren’t qualified to move to the next round.
In today’s episode, you will meet Porschia Parker-Griffin, the founder and CEO of Fly High Coaching and the Host of the "Career 101 Podcast." Porschia and I will talk to you about what your resume must do, what type of resume you should have, what you need to know if you are writing your resume, how to address a career gap, and why hiring a professional resume writer is an investment in you and your career that will reap its benefits far beyond the job you are going to get.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:05)
· Meet Porschia Parker-Griffin (3:49)
· Why Career Coaching? (8:21)
· Your Resume’s Purpose (12:19)
· Different Types of Resumes (13:29)
· How Long Should Your Resume Be? (15:04)
· Knowing Your Resume’s Audience (17:14)
· Writing Your Resume & the Applicant Tracking System or ATS (19:04)
· Investing in Your Resume (25:15)
· What to Expect When Working with a Professional Resume Writer (26:14)
· Addressing a Career Gap on Your Resume (31:39)
· Porschia’s Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (33:29)
· Connect with Porschia and Fly-High Coaching (34:54)
· Wrap-Up (35:49)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.