Last Friday, The U.S. Labor Department reported that the jobless rate rose to 3.7% in August from a half-century low of 3.5% the prior month. The increase in the unemployment rate reflected more workers entering the labor force. The share of adults working or seeking a job rose to 62.4% in August from 62.1% in July, as participation among women ages 25 to 54 jumped to the highest level since 2000. (Source: Wall Street Journal)
What does that mean for you?
In today’s episode, I will share tips to help you navigate this job market right now and help you strategically position yourself between now and the end of the year.
Registration is open and closes on Thursday, September 8, 2022 @ 4:00 pm Eastern.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:05)
· Are You Doing the Work You Want to Do? (2:01)
· Be Careful Who You Are Listening To (6:12)
· Career Transitions Don’t Have to Be Overwhelming (10:50)
· Join the Interview Preparation Bootcamp (17:25)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.