Doing something you love is vital to your career happiness and success. How do you navigate that career pivot when you are doing something else and would rather be doing the work you love? For Grant Chungo, this was all about being himself and finding the right professional fit for this time in his career.
Grant Chungo is a meteorologist at CBS19 in Charlottesville, VA. After a successful year as a morning anchor in Elmira, NY, Grant was ready to find a job he’d love in meteorology. After all, it’s what he studied and where his true passion lies.
In today’s episode, Grant shares:
· What it’s like to be open to possibilities in your career
· Why he views interviews as conversations
· How to calm your nerves during an interview
· How to leverage social media to your advantage by being yourself
Connect with Grant Chungo on all social media channels @grantchungo and follow him and his weather reports at https://cbs19news.com.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:05)
· Webinar – 5 CRUCIAL Interview Preparation Tips (2:09)
· Join John’s New Interview Group Coaching Program (2:56)
· Meet Grant Chungo (3:40)
· Being Promoted to Morning New Anchor (11:04)
· Returning to Meteorology (13:25)
· Grant’s Interview Tips (16:27)
· Leveraging Social Media (22:52)
· Grant’s Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (31:58)
· Connect with Grant Chungo (33:30)
· Wrap-Up (35:58)
List of Resources:
· Join John’s Interview Skills Group Coaching Program
· Join John’s Upcoming LIVE Webinars to Help You Prepare for Your Next Interview
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
· SHOW UP - Six Strategies to Lead a More Energetic and Impactful Career by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple PodcastsSupport the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.