Do you have a career gap on your resume? Have you wondered the best way to address it during your interview? What if you could reposition that conversation and control the narrative differently and more positively so hiring managers are interested in learning more about what time in your life and career?
In this episode, you'll meet Linda Lautenberg. Linda is a return-to-work expert, women’s career advancement strategist, and champion for all midlife career changers. She is the Co-Founder of EvolveMe, an organization specializing in career reinvention and community building for women in midlife career transition.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:00)
· Meet Linda Lautenberg (4:00)
· Making a Professional Mindset Shift (15:40)
· Doing the Inner Work Before You Look for a Job (19:15)
· Defending and Apologizing for a Career Break (21:03)
· Explaining the Gap on Your Resume (23:24)
· Addressing Ageism (25:19)
· When You Land an Interview Through a Referral (26:10)
· Be Great at the Virtual Interview (28:22)
· Answering the Salary Question (30:00)
· Making Your Career Pivot (32:00)
· Linda’s Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (35:29)
· Connect with Linda and Evolve Me (36:55)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here.
· Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen.
· Follow me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral,
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com for more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.