As a job seeker, you must build rapport with the hiring manager to get them interested in who you are and what you do. This should be a constant focus for you during your interview, but I’ve found one trick to help you generate interest and build rapport from the start.
While being energetic and engaged is certainly a given, you’ll build rapport by finding something interesting about yourself to share with the hiring manager while communicating who you help and what you help them do. Listen to this short episode for a great tip to help you during your next interview.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:00)
· Get John’s New Interview Preparation Guide (1:00)
· Not Everyone is an Extrovert (2:00)
· Building Rapport with the Hiring Manager (3:09)
· Answering the Tell Me About Yourself Question (4:51)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources, including a job search tracker and reflection questions, at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.
Support the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free "Mid-Career Job Seekers Checklist." Plus, check out other leadership and career resources at https://johnneral.com/resources.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Follow John on Instagram & Threads @johnneralcoaching.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.