What’s been the biggest mistake you’ve made in an interview? We’ve all made them – albeit unintentionally. We learn from those mistakes, but we should never do them again.
As my special interview preparation series continues, this week’s episode is about interview mistakes and how to avoid them. In this episode, I’ll share some guidance on how to be better prepared, what to do when you miss your appointment, how to answer the “Why should we hire you” question, and much more.
Click the link to get my new guide, “26 Sentence Starters to Answer Any Interview Question,” which is now available to help you prepare for your next interview.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:05)
· Get My New Interview Prep Guide (1:47)
· Don’t Say Inflation (3:00)
· Lack of Preparation (6:10)
· Missing Your Appointment (7:30)
· Ghosting Your Recruiter or Future Employer (9:25)
· “Why Should We Hire You?” (11:25)
· Talking Too Long (18:03)
· Being Bad on Zoom (20:09)
· Lack of Follow-Up Questions (22:42)
· Being Argumentative (23:54)
· Join Me for a Special 5-Part Interview Series Next Week (29:32)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources, including a job search tracker and reflection questions, at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.