Have you ever wanted to be more confident during an interview? Did you wish there was a way to calm your nerves and speak more confidently about your skills and expertise? We all get nervous in interviews, but Tracy Hooper has a way to help you build your confidence and talk more clearly about why you are the best person for the job.
In this episode, you’ll meet Tracy Hooper, the Founder of The Confidence Project and the author of The NOW Hello. Tracy has been a TV news reporter, anchor, producer, and voice-over professional with clients such as Disney, Marriott, and NFL Films. The Confidence Project clients include Nike, Intel, Merck, First Republic Bank, and Kaiser Permanente. Tracy aims to cultivate a culture where people elevate their presence, communicate with clarity, and work together better.
And when it comes to your next interview, our conversation will help you calm your nerves, communicate your story more effectively and boost your confidence.
Connect with Tracy.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:05)
· August is Interview Preparation Month (2:45)
· What Tracy Wanted to Be Growing Up (3:50)
· Tracy’s Career Path & Pivot (5:40)
· How Reporters Tell Their Stories in 90 Seconds (10:25)
· What Happens When We Pause (14:00)
· Words to Use & Words to Lose (18:57)
· Reasons Why We Choose the Words We Use (28:28)
· Using Validators (30:45)
· The Confidence Project (32:38)
· Tracy’s Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (33:50)
· Connect with Tracy & The Confidence Project (36:19)
· Wrap-Up (39:06)
List of Resources:
· Get Your Interview Sentence Starters Guide at https://johnneral.com.
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you enjoy or learn.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagr
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com for more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.