Salary is a very personal thing. Many people struggle to talk about money, let alone their salary. Negotiating your salary isn’t about what you feel. It’s about what you know and what you have done.
Your salary is not a direct reflection of your self-worth. Your salary is an agreement between you and your employer about what your skills are currently valued in the marketplace. If you want to change that, you’ll need to have an evidence-based conversation.
In this episode, I will help you go after that raise you’ve wanted. To do this, you’ll need to do your research, position yourself strategically, and, most importantly, clean up your thoughts so you can have the best possible conversation.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:05)
· Get John’s Books (1:23)
· Defining Your Salary’s Meaning (3:32)
· Negotiate At the Point of Hire (9:51)
· Giving a Salary Range (11:30)
· Researching Salary Info (15:20)
· Demonstrated Competencies (16:34)
· Creating an Exit Plan (21:42)
· Wrap-Up (24:22)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources, including a job search tracker and reflection questions, at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neraSupport the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition. And other free resources at https://johnneral.com/resources.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Follow John on Instagram & Threads @johnneralcoaching.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.