Have you ever thought about owning a franchise? While it isn’t for everyone, it can be a rewarding career path that allows you to meet specific professional and financial goals.
In this episode, you’ll meet Tom Scarda. Tom is a Certified Franchise Expert (CFE) and was the number one franchisee of the year with his first franchise concept and failed miserably in his second franchise. The lessons learned from failure are what make him such an expert. Tom is the author of several books, including the number one bestseller, Franchise Savvy. He hosts The Franchise Academy Podcast and produced an online Master Class on investing in a franchise which consists of 45 videos and a 106-page workbook. He has helped more than 1600 people figure out if franchising is for them since 2005.
· What Tom learned from being a New York City Subway Conductor
· What you must know before owning a franchise
· How to embrace change and deal with fear in your career
· When it’s the right time to get a franchise
· Tom’s tip to help you build Your Mid-Career GPS
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:05)
· Meet Tom Scarda (3:17)
· Having a Shirt on Your Back (4:11)
· Lessons Learned Being a Subway Conductor (8:29)
· Learning About Owning a Franchise (10:05)
· Franchise Successes and Failures (12:39)
· Embracing Change & Dealing with Fear (22:39)
· When to Get a Franchise (26:33)
· Tom’s Advice to Build Your Mid-Career GPS (28:53)
· Connect with Tom (30:15)
· Wrap-Up (31:12)
· Sign Up for July’s Webinar (31:24)
List of Resources:
· Sign Up for July’s Webinar – How to Evaluate a Job Offer in These Uncertain Times
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John NeralSupport the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition. And other free resources at https://johnneral.com/resources.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Follow John on Instagram & Threads @johnneralcoaching.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.