When was the last time you got nervous? We get nervous because we care, and there is a reason why you care so much. Maybe you were playing a sport, a game, having a conversation with someone, delivering a presentation, asking for a raise, going on an interview…the list goes on and on.
Every day, someone reaches out to me, or I see a post about how to control their nerves or overcome their fear in their job search. As mid-career professionals, you may have been out of the game for a while and may feel a little rusty about conducting a job search or how best to leverage yourself in the marketplace. Today, I’ve got a few tips to help you manage those emotions so you can step on the gas and get your job search moving in the right direction.
Apply for coaching at https://johnneral.com/contact.
Click here to view John’s appearance on “Make My Day” – Jump to the 9:24 mark.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:05)
· Apply for Coaching (1:55)
· Putting Fear Into Context (3:04)
· “Make My Day” (8:04)
· Acknowledge the Fear (14:02)
· TRUTH vs. truth (18:44)
· Create a Preparation Plan (21:37)
· Measure Your Results (23:14)
· Get Rid of the Shame (26:03)
· Wrap-Up (29:19)
· Join My Private Facebook Group (30:23)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources, including a job search tracker and reflection questions, at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you enjoy or learn.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.Support the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free "Mid-Career Job Seekers Checklist." Plus, check out other leadership and career resources at https://johnneral.com/resources.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Follow John on Instagram & Threads @johnneralcoaching.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.