Setting boundaries isn’t tricky. Enforcing them can be.
Throughout my leadership journey, I have learned the power of setting boundaries, or what I call ground rules. Once you set the ground rules and they are agreed upon, everyone knows how to play. And once you know how to play, you never have to worry about walking on egg shells about the things you do personally or professionally.
But what are the ground rules for you and your career? What is non-negotiable, and where are you willing to give in a little?
In this episode, you will learn precisely what a ground rule is, how to create them, how best to get buy-in, and when it’s time to re-evaluate or re-negotiate them.
And if you want a great example of how to set ground rules, join my private Facebook Group by clicking here or searching for “Your Mid-Career GPS” on Facebook.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:05)
· Setting Boundaries in My Private Facebook Group (1:44)
· Importance of Setting Boundaries or Ground Rules (6:11)
· Examples of Setting Boundaries (8:21)
· “Challenge Ideas and Not the Person” (13:00)
· Clarifying One Point About Ground Rules (28:03)
· Conclusion (30:11)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com for more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.