After a successful career as an elementary school teacher and reading specialist, Joanne Kaminski accepted a position that didn’t turn out as well as she had hoped. With life happening and needing to take better care of herself, Joanne channeled her entrepreneurial spirit.
She is the founder of the Online Tutor Coach, LLC where she helps other tutors who are great at tutoring, but struggle with attracting students. Joanne impacts over 20,000 tutors through her YouTube channel, Facebook Group, Instagram, and podcast. She is the author of How to Start an Online Tutoring Business Making 4-5 Figures a Month which is available on Amazon.
Joanne launched five online businesses and each one failed. Then, she knew she could make money as an online reading tutor and get quicker results for her students while saving their parents time.
With a successful YouTube channel and business, I invited Joanne on the podcast to share her business journey. And for all of the teachers out there, Joanne shares how she learned to make money as an online reading tutor and how you can also build an online tutoring business.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:05)
· Meet Joanne Kaminski (3:26)
· Joanne’s Teaching Career (6:20)
· Raising Your Family & Shifting Priorities (10:14)
· Building an Online Business (12:35)
· Initial Business Ideas & Learning from Failure (16:45)
· Building an Online Tutoring Business (19:42)
· Using YouTube to Build Your Business (27:01)
· Joanne’s Advice for Teachers (28:34)
· Joanne’s Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (30:53)
· Connect with Joanne (32:46)
· Closing Thoughts (33:35)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.