You’ve heard the expression, “People don’t leave bad jobs; they leave bad bosses.” When your boss is a micromanager, it’s understandable why you may leave.
In this episode, I’ll help you unpack what micromanaging is and why some people do it. (They are not all bad reasons.) I’ll share a few strategies to help you have a better conversation with a micromanager that may move the relationship in a more positive direction. Plus, I’ll share a valuable tip to help you never become one in your leadership role.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:05)
· Webinar - How Do You Stand Out in an Interview? (1:30)
· Defining Micromanagement & Why People Do It (3:55)
· Dealing with This Relationship (13:22)
· Have an Intentional Conversation (13:47)
· Set Ground Rules (17:55)
· Anticipate Next Moves (21:05)
· One Tip to Help You NOT Become a Micromanager (22:43)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.