Suppose you don’t have any LinkedIn recommendations that showcase who you are and what you do. In that case, you are missing an opportunity for your network, along with recruiters and hiring managers, to know you better.
One of the biggest mistakes I see when looking at LinkedIn profiles is that people aren’t giving enough recommendations to people in their network! We should only provide recommendations for people with who we have an in-depth knowledge of their work and can communicate where they add value.
In this episode, I will show you why you need to be writing more LinkedIn recommendations to serve your network better and why those recommendations will make you stand out better to more recruiters and hiring managers.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:05)
· Personal Update (1:08)
· Book – Your Mid-Career GPS (1:46)
· The Purpose of LinkedIn Recommendations (3:12)
· You Must Approve All Recommendations (4:48)
· How Recommendations Serve Your Network (6:12)
· How Recruiters and Hiring Managers Use LinkedIn Recommendations (9:35)
· Give Five to Get Five (13:45)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.
Support the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition. And other free resources at https://johnneral.com/resources.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Follow John on Instagram & Threads @johnneralcoaching.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.