If you’ve watched Shark Tank, you know that entrepreneurs pitch their products to a panel of experts, hoping that someone will invest in them and their product. Pitching comes from a place of want. And while that works great in the Shark Tank, it’s not the best move to pitch when it comes to your career.
Throughout my career and coaching my clients, I know that coming from a place of value and service will help you exponentially accelerate your career to achieve your goals. While many heart-centered leaders and professionals struggle with pitching, I want to offer you a better way.
In this episode, I’m teaching you how to create your “Unique Professional Value Statement.” You’ll use this statement to help you communicate how you can help someone based on your expertise and do it without feeling as if you are bragging or boasting about how great you are.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Introduction (0:00)
· April Book Deal (1:50)
· Why Do We Pitch? (4:00)
· The 15-Minute Elevator Pitch (7:00)
· Creating Your UPVS – Unique Professional Value Statement (8:00)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.