At one of the highest points in her career, Robin Merle was told she was no longer needed. This “stun gun moment” fueled her book, Involuntary Exit: A Woman’s Guide to Thriving After Being Fired, which chronicles what happens to women leaders when they are let go from their organizations.
Robin Merle has helped raise over half of a billion dollars in philanthropy for various organizations. Today, she is the principal of Robin Merle Associates, LLC.
In this episode, you will learn why Robin’s career in philanthropy and fundraising was so successful, how to Deal with “No” in your career, and what Robin has learned from her Involuntary Exit as well as the women she’s researched who’ve experienced the same thing.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Meet Robin Merle (0:05)
· The Importance of Writing (5:17)
· Why Robin’s career in philanthropy and fundraising was so successful (6:31)
· How to “Go for the Ask” (10:02)
· How to Deal with “No” (13:45)
· About Robin’s Involuntary Exit (17:11)
· About Compassionate Firing (20:09)
· About the Grief Cycle of Losing Your Job (24:00)
· Robin’s Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (27:04)
· How to Connect with Robin (29:28)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources at https://johnneSupport the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition. And other free resources at https://johnneral.com/resources.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Follow John on Instagram & Threads @johnneralcoaching.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.