You don’t like your boss. It frustrates you that you HAVE to work for them. You believe they are blocking your career, and you don’t like going to work every day. You wish you worked for someone else, or you wish you just worked somewhere else – and could move on so you never have to work with this horrible person again.
Every time they open their mouth, you want to cringe. You loathe opening an email from them. They don’t care about people. You find them to be cold-hearted and insensitive. You wish they would leave, or you would go first.
To be clear, any boss or person, for that matter, who is harassing, bullying, or discriminating against any of their employees should not be tolerated and immediately reported. If that is the case, you have every reason to hate them, but that is not the topic of this episode.
Not liking your boss is a normal part of your career journey. You will have an opportunity to work for many people, and it’s only natural that you will like some of them, and not like others. But if you feel as if your boss doesn’t like you, won’t promote you, or is always shutting you down, I’m going to share with you a few tips and tricks to help you navigate these tumultuous or contentious relationships with your boss or supervisor so you can SHOW UP at your best and never let them beat you down again.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· So, You Don’t Like Your Boss (0:08)
· Can You Help Me? (2:50)
· Not Liking My Boss (3:56)
· When You Are Ready to Learn from Your Boss, You Will (7:35)
· Reasons Why You Don’t Like Your Boss (9:24)
· Tips for Improving Your Relationship with Your Boss (11:30)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.