Have you ever looked back on your career and wondered what you would do differently if given a chance? I recently had a couple of long car rides and thought about this question.
In this episode, I share two specific things I would do differently to help grow my career just when social media was first starting and how I would have navigated the obstacles placed in front of me by management.
Social media is a great tool to help you build relationships and create that “Know, Like, and Trust” factor with your network. Imagine doing that just a bit differently and how your career would grow.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Reflecting on What I’d Do Differently in My Career (0:10)
· Spring Break Reading List – Get My Books (1:55)
· Revisiting the Social Media Timeline (3:09)
· Create More Content (5:10)
· Be Better at Networking (13:53)
· Wrapping Up (24:23)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
· SHOW UP - Six Strategies to Lead a More Energetic and Impactful Career by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.Support the show
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com to download your free guide, "5 Mistakes Mid-Career Professionals Make (And Need to Stop Doing) and more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.