Imagine landing the job of your dreams and then wondering how you are going to tell your boss, and team members, you are leaving. While you are excited, you are also concerned about exiting professionally and tying up all loose ends.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
· When you should tell your boss and how to communicate you are leaving without rambling or being too wordy
· Why creating a transition or exit plan is important
· How to follow Human Resource’s process so you get all of the information you need to exit and onboard successfully at your new company
· Whether or not you should participate in an exit interview
· And what to do on your last day before moving on to your next advancement opportunity
Click here to join my private Facebook Group – Your Mid-Career GPS – for more information and support to help you find the job you love or love the job you have.
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Being Excited to Leave Your Current Job (0:00)
· Come Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Facebook Group” (1:53)
· Being Concerned About How You Exit (2:35)
· When You Tell, Who You Tell & What You Say (5:20)
· Creating a Transition or Exit Plan (10:12)
· Following HR’s Process But Have Your Questions Ready (13:17)
· What Do You Say When You Leave? (18:10)
· Participating in an Exit Interview (20:18)
· And on the Last Day of Employment (22:40)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen. And don’t forget to rate and review to let me know what you are enjoying or learning.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on social. LinkedIn @johnneral, Instagram @johnneralcoaching, Facebook @johnneralcoaching, Twitter @john_neral.
· Visit https://johnneral.com for more information.